Monday 4 March 2013

Capsule #4: Dumbing Yourself Down?

Q: I feel like I "dumb myself down" so I don't outshine my partner. What should I do?


A's:

From Bruno Coelho (#TheRabbitWay):

How high will you fly in Life is determined by the wings of those you surround yourself with.

It all comes down to your standards and what are you willing to settle yourself for.

Instead of "dumbing yourself down" why don't you "lead them up"?

Above all else ask: what would LOVE do?


From Tash: You should never have to lower yourself to anyone else's standards. It means you lack self-love which demands that you always give yourself and others the best!

Be honest with your partner about how you're feeling, as they may not realize what's happening.

YOU make the choice to surround yourself with people who help you rise, and you help them to rise as well. If you can't provide value to others (which you can't if you're lowering your own standards), or others can't provide value to you, how are you ever going to be your best selves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my heart-felt gratitude for being a part of my work, my life, and my journey :).

Tash.