Monday 11 March 2013

The Truth About Getting Sick

As I lay here in bed letting this cold virus get the better of me, I'm realizing there are reasons for this.

I know how I got here...

Yes, that's a very painful one for me to admit. But I'm going to admit it if it helps any of you to not ignore the same signs that I did.

I knew I was going to get sick because:

  • I was DOING too much - yes, we all need a weekend! I've been going 3 straight weeks without one, with no days off anywhere in the week. A sure fire way for your system to wind up hating you.

  • I was not taking time to rest - even when I wasn't "working", I was "working" (hmmm... like even right now! No, this is good work, then I'll go to bed...BAD GIRL). 

  • I ate too many treats - I've eaten way too many cookies, stuff with gluten over the past three weeks. My body is definitely rebelling against me for it now.
The truth of the matter is, our body gives us signals when it has enough. More than two weeks ago, I had a hard time getting out of bed, because my body needed more rest... I didn't listen. And the weeks of not listening finally caught up to me.

During this high flu and cold season, please don't do like I did - take time to rest, listen to your body, and if it means cancelling out a full day of meetings so you can take out some me-time, then do it!!! Your body will thank you. Your clients (well, if they work in the health and wellness industry, thankfully!) will understand. And those people on the subway who have to put up with you coughing and sneezing around you will have no reason to give you stink eye :).

2 comments:

  1. I do understand what you mean, Tash... Our body is much wiser than we are... we better listen to the signals before we fall down...
    It is always about lack of self-love...
    foolish behavior...
    I am mating a lumbago since 3 days... same story.
    Wish you a true relieving rest and send you a Montrealian hug:-)) Soad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I foolishly didn't listen. Which goes to show that even the master can get taught a lesson when she doesn't follow her intuition! :)

      The hug is sooo needed! Thank you for the love my dear :) Sending you love an healing right back! xoxo :)

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my heart-felt gratitude for being a part of my work, my life, and my journey :).

Tash.