Tuesday 12 March 2013

Is the Fast Food Really Worth It?

I've begun to love when people tell me that they have no time in their day to eat healthy, and that fast food is easier for them.

Remember this the next time you reach for that fast food meal:

  • What are you REALLY exchanging for that few minutes? - yes, it might save you a few minutes by eating already prepared food instead of making your own... Or does it? Food that comes from a box or fast food place really isn't food, and will actually slow you down, making those few minutes you save truly insignificant... So in actuality, you waste time by consuming low-nutrient food.

  • Take back the sit-down meal!!! - my happiest memories growing up were sitting down with my Mom, Dad, and older sisters and brothers and spending time with them and hearing the stories of their day. Even now, I smile at the thought of those moments... Not one of those meals came from a box. Better yet, they were started by remembering making the meals with my Mom and sisters. They happen at daily in my home now because I choose not to live without that feeling.

  • Love In = Love Out - If you eat food that was prepared by someone's loving hands, there really is love in that food! This means that your body will be nourished even moreso than food that was made from a machine, or mass produced. Think about how much more effective you are when that love passes from your food to your body, then your mind!

  • Don't let those "meal deals" get you - you know those coupons that are 2 for 1? What's 2 x 0? ZERO. That's right. Two times zero nutrients is still zero nutrients. 

  • Real food really is cheaper! - try it for yourself - eating on a budget and making your own foods really isn't more expensive than eating fast food! I teach people weekly how to make simple, healthy and inexpensive meals, and have proved the naysayers wrong! Take that, crap foods! lol :).
I always tell people to beware of the labels for foods that you eat. I used to work in a chemistry lab folks; there are ingredients in the foods that society eats that I wouldn't touch in a lab without gloves, a mask, and full ventilation!

The simplest thing I tell folks is to buy whole foods, that you know what's in it. Your better off eating that carrot than that box of macaroni and cheese. Start with one meal first, then slowly start to add in the other meals. Don't feel you have transition over night.

The side benefit of doing this transitioning is that your clarity, ability to focus, and ability to achieve those things in your life you really want can skyrocket!

Please feel free to share your stories - either of how you transitioned to a healthier life, or where you want to get to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my heart-felt gratitude for being a part of my work, my life, and my journey :).

Tash.