Tuesday 5 March 2013

The 3 Hour Work Week?

I hear so much hype about people wanting to live a life without working... However, unless you're making millions, or are a trust fund child, good luck on finding happiness that way.

Here are some great solutions for what you can do until you win that lottery:

  • Choose What You Love! - Although I put in many working hours, because I LOVE what I do, it's never work... I'm merely getting paid to put my joy into action. What's better than that?!

  • Create Your Ideal Work Life - Are you more productive with music? Or do you like to have a great view for inspiration? Whatever it is that makes you happy and allows you to create results, make it happen! You don't need loads of money or need a promotion; get creative with your workspace, and create a workspace that can at least mimic your ideal work situation.
  • STOP WAITING!!! - If you can't be happy now, you'll never be happy! Do not wait for more pay, that perfect job title, or that amazing project to come along to give you purpose at work. Create something that makes you want to get up in the morning, and gives you a sense of purpose... at work. The trick is to make that thing you create something that also gives value  to your workplace or your business.
Many people meet me and say how envious by the fact that I create my own schedule, and I do what I love day-in and day-out. My usual recommendation to them is forget about envy - create that same sense of freedom in your own life!

I know that up to 72% of North American corporate workers are unfulfilled and unmotivated at work. I'm looking to change that! 

Are there things in your way that prevent you from having freedom, joy, and creativity at your work? Share, and I can give you even more solutions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my heart-felt gratitude for being a part of my work, my life, and my journey :).

Tash.