Thursday 14 March 2013

Be Like Water?

My homegirl and amazing personal trainer friend Trina and I always have a point of connection around the phrase

Be Like Water

 Here's my interpretation of what that means:

  • Be open to change - water in rivers just flows... it doesn't ask where to go, it just goes... It doesn't ask "why is there a dam here?", it reorganizes itself accordingly.

  • Be cleansing - water purifies the mind, body and spirit. When you interact with people, are you leaving them in a better state than how they were before they were with you? 

  • Be strong or weak, whatever is needed - water can change its properties very easily. It can be fluid, when it needs to work its way around things. It can be cold as ice and hard as a rock, when it needs to change the environment around it. Or, it can be hot and steamy, and warm up an entire room.
When you let go of needing to be in control of everything that's happening in life; instead control how you think of, manage and deal with life, the entire world around you changes! And what happens when things change? New things happen. That's what life was meant for.

If you were to be like water, what would that look like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my heart-felt gratitude for being a part of my work, my life, and my journey :).

Tash.