Friday 4 October 2013

Numbers Are Lives...

I had a conversation with my tribe of thought leaders and mastermind powerhouses (simply put - my soul fams) and we had a conversation about where business currently is, and where it has the potential to move towards.

This topic got started because we found out that a pretty big corporation (names of I'm sure about 1,000 could fit in here) just layed off thousands of employees, while the head honcho of the organization realized a massive financial gain.

I realized that in the world we live in, executive teams everywhere are having this discussion around "if we just trim this budget, and this team..." not realizing that those budgets and teams they are cutting translate into real people with real lives.

What will it take for us all to say NO to this kind of corporate activity?! And when will we all gain the courage to stand up for ourselves? Something has become broken in this world we live in, and we need folks to come along and heal it - whatever that "it" is.

I'm hoping that whether you are someone who has just suffered from a layoff, or one who has survived with your job spared, that you will read this and know that there are a group of us up-and-coming leaders who are here to help...

My heart goes out to those of you for who this a reality for. Please feel free to contact me if you need a listening ear and a warm heart :).

Humpty Dumpty doesn't need to be put back together again - we need a whole new good egg! :) That egg comes in form of something... ANYTHING that allows people to not just enjoy the fruits of their labour, but also the experience of the labour itself! Who said we need to only enjoy our life on the evenings and weekends? What if we could enjoy the experience of working, every day, for all of our working hours?

If you're reading this, I'm throwing out the idea of creating a working group... Where we do more than discuss solutions - we create them! Please also reach out if this interests you, and you would like to be in on these discussions and solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my heart-felt gratitude for being a part of my work, my life, and my journey :).

Tash.